Thursday, May 19, 2016

Bow down, throw down



I don't think it's news to anyone that she's the BOSS of me.  Not only me but she's the boss of everyone in this house.  From the time she yells "mama" from her bed upstairs she's tellin me what to do and you bet I'm doing it!  "Mama, i ona get OUT" then she says, "Mama, ead butch (read book)" and I do that too!  Then we walk to the stairs and although she's fully capable of walking down the stairs alone, she demands to be held walking downstairs in the mornings. "Mama, I ona hold you!"  She goes straight to her chair and wants to sit.  She will sometimes sit there for over an hour.  She LOVES her highchair.  She then says "Mama, I ont some ILK!" So I jump right on it like a short order cook at the Waffle House.

Then we get dressed and on Wednesdays we have bible study.  Well, she goes to play with her freeeeends, and I go to bible study.  Before leaving the house, we need a snack.  usually fruit snacks, picked out by her and placed in her purse.  

Last week, she had her fruit snacks on the way to bible study like usual.  She then got her diaper bag and dug through it and found another fruit snacks and asked to open it.  I told her she could have it at lunch in her class.  She asked again several times and I proceeded to ignore the request.  Then we got out to go inside with her still insisting.  She asked to walk and held my hand with the fruit snacks in the other hand.  She was still asking me to open them.  Once we walked into the foyer at church she got in front of me and pleaded for me to open the fruit snacks.  I told her again that she could have them in her class at lunch time.  Well, that didn't sit well with her.  After all, she IS the boss of me!  She stopped and wasn't moving another muscle.  Luckily there was a bench nearby so I got comfortable and proceeded to watch this dramatic display unfold before my eyes.  Boy, let me assure you, it was NOT disappointing.  It was one of her better performances if you ask me.  First she threw the fruit snacks down.  Next, our vintage stuffy Big Bird from Sesame Street got the boot.  And finally, she jerked that 5 inch gross-grain ribbon out of her hair and tossed it to the ground to show me she means business.  The BOW is DOWN.  She then proceeded to slap her own face repeatedly in the dramatic finale.  It was quite an act!  I sat in awe that my baby could put on such a display.  You see, something awesome and terrible happened in February.  She turned TWO!  Now, these types of productions happen fairly often.  Not always to the bow throwing proportions but you KNOW when the bow comes off it's like when you're momma calls your middle name.  IT.  IS. ON!
Luckily they are usually short lived and after the drama is completed, we can go about our merry way with her bossing me and me allowing it (to some degree).  For the record though, I did NOT open those fruit snacks.  I let her think she's the boss sometimes but I like to win!

If you're ever had kids, I'm sure you've also had a 2 year old BOSS and you know sometimes they are the best but sometimes they are the absolute WORST!  

No comments:

Post a Comment