Thursday, May 19, 2016

Rodeo is back again!


In March, Rodeo Houston was back again!  We always try to take advantage of this prime people watching opportunity but last year we really got into the "rodeo" part since Jason and I got tickets to see the actual reason this whole hoopla exists.  This year, we knew we wanted to take the kids.  The bull riding, bucking broncos and the rodeo clowns were not to be missed.  Then there was the calf scramble and the big time mutton bustin' that we knew they would love.  We got to see it TWICE this year too!  We finally figured out that the concert and the rodeo are kinda one in the same, you go see the rodeo and there's a little concert afterwards.  This year we saw Kenny Chesney and Keith Urban play.  It was the kids first real "concert" so that was pretty cool too.  They all liked the rodeo best, just as we thought.  Even Lillian got to hang for the concerts.


It was spring break week so Dad got to join us at the Rodeo again, he's become a regular rodeo Houston visitor with us!  I think he just comes for the fried corn dogs!


The giant Ferris wheel is always a favorite ride.  I'll admit, my fear of heights increases as i get holder.  I held Lillian a little tighter at the top of that thing while she leaned over to ooooh, and Ahhhh at the carnival below.


We all kinda love this guy!
But sister loves her paw-paw more than most!  They talk on the phone nearly every single day.  They share their love of chocolate, ice cream and pistachios!

This girl must have felt famous as she had an entire entourage waving and smiling at her every single go around the carousel!

The obligatory giant BEEF rib.  We are anti-turkey leg so this was the next best thing.  You know, the protein before we consumed 2 fried oreos and a fried smores!

The boys love the fun house. I usually think they are boring and silly but they always want to do one.  I think it's their dad in them!

That wide-eyed look says it's way past my bedtime and the concert hasn't even started yet!!

Hat's off to my parents for bringing me to a concert at two years old, letting me stay up way too late, AND bringing my favorite paci along to keep me happy!

So the first go at the Rodeo, we missed the mutton bustin', we got there too late, it was already full and we had a SUPER sad 6 year old on our hands.  I promised him if there was a riding that sheepny way possible, i would stand in line and make sure he got to do it on Sunday when we returned.  He had been practicing since EARLY that morning, even scaled our 9ft backyard fence to practice.  He was wearing his boots before we even ate breakfast!  So, on Sunday, I literally RAN to the tent to get in line for him and it paid off.  Only about 30 minutes later, I had him a spot!



He did pretty well and was proud of his medal.  


Then we got on as many rides as possible before the rodeo started.

Another Rodeo Houston is in the books!  We had a great time bringing the kids, until next year...Yee'haw!

No comments:

Post a Comment