Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sick and Tired of being sick and tired

So we all know Murphy's law of deployment. What can go wrong will, what can break will and the ONE person that can't afford to get sick undoubtedly WILL! I think we've got all that covered this week. BOTH of our cars are currently illegal to drive (shhhh no one tell the police). Jason's has needed state inspection since JULY and I just learned my post sticker has been expired since APRIL. The air conditioner is broken, something I definitely can't fix. And the only adult currently residing at 116 Leggett got Strep Throat. I woke up Wednesday morning with an severe sore throat and started calling for a Dr. Apt. I got one for the afternoon and thought I could still go to my beloved Bible study that morning. After we got there, I got chills and knew it was time to go home. Before I left, i had the school nurse check my temp. Yep, I had a fever of 101. So I shuffled my phone to see who could watch my children while I went to the doctor. I scattered them around the neighborhood and took myself to the doctor. When I arrived to a FULL waiting room, the receptionist handed me a mask and asked me to wear it. Yes, I racked up some serious cool points for that! Jason had finally called me, in the waiting room talking through a mask. I got my meds and collected my children. We all three went to bed at 745 that night. Luckily, I had pre-arranged childcare for the following day on which I dropped both kids off, looking rather deathly and went back home to sleep more. After I picked them up I had an awesome friend that had offered to keep Jackson the rest of the afternoon and even bathe him. I couldn't say no with the way I felt. Three days later and LOTS of much needed sleep, I'm as good as new. Ready to face another day in the life of the temporary single parent. Thank GOD it is just temporary! He certainly knew what he was doing when he gave children 2 parents, they NEED it!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I had strep last christmas when I was out here in CA. It rates right up there with the stomach flu! I so feel for you! I'm glad you were able to get "fixed" and get some rest!

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete