Monday, October 25, 2010

When you're the Best of Friends





A couple of weekends ago, my best friend came to visit with her family. It's the perfect friends for us. They are our "couple friend". We both consider them our best friends and our kids are close in age and seem to get along great. They said good-bye to military life and moved to Ohio about 2 years ago. It's been hard for me to not have her here. We did most everything together and she was my go-to babysitter last minute, no notice. And I was hers. Lots of my military friends have moved away but this one effected me most. It's the same one I drove from Alabama to North Carolina via Ohio in January to meet her newest daughter.

We were so happy to have them visit and the guys were especially happy to see one another because they had not had time to hang out in nearly 4 years. Overlapping deployments and their move led to little time outside of phone calls.

While they were here, we had a chili cookout and invited some of their other friends over to visit. We cooked smores got sticky and let the kids stay up wayyyy to late. Our oldest are pretty cute together as Jackson is convinced that they got married in Alabama when she put on a big white dress and she is now his wife. He knows you can only have one wife and apparently she's IT! He didn't know what to say about her having a "boyfriend" but I guess the long distance thing would be tough on 4 year olds! Ha! On Sunday, we went to the pumpkin patch. We did the hay ride, picked pumpkins and of course had a photo shoot. Please, do not underestimate the time and effort it takes to get 2-4 children to make just ONE good photo and Never ever expect them to all make one together, it's just NOT happening!
I was sad to see them go, knowing it will probably be another 6 months or so before we will see them again. It'll never be enough but Renee and I keep our cell phones hot so there isn't much that gets by us! I guess that's what happens when you're the best of friends!










No comments:

Post a Comment