Friday, September 21, 2012

Ten on...

1.  I know right now that starting this at 1045 on a Tuesday night isn't going to be successful.  I took the liberty to leave the day blank so I don't limit myself.  It's my blog, I can procrastinate if I want to.

2.  I bought some boots today at 6pm.com.  It was on one of my coupon following sites as *HOT and I made myself late to bible study because I was frantically trying to make sure they didn't slip by me.  In that, I was successful. I am the proud owner of THESE babies!  I love Jessica Simpson shoes and at this price, who wouldn't!


3. I'm living with Incredible Hulk.  Lincoln is convinced he is Hulk.  He refuses to wear a shirt nearly anywhere.  He regularly fights pretend bad guys and shows me his fiercest scowl to prove he's "cul Hulk" as he says it.  I have to bargain with him to wear a shirt outside the house.  Guess what he wants to be for Halloween?

4.  So I have this water bottle.  It's actually just a neoprene sleeve that I've had for quite some time and a new camel bak water bottle .  Mom has actually sewn it once for me.  It's handy becuause it doesn't sweat, it holds my YMCA tag, it has a nifty handle.  It goes just about every where I do.  It's like my special coffee cup, but for water.  (Ok, maybe I have some cup issues here.)  Anyway, I had a trunk show on Sunday and brought the water bottle with me.  When leaving, I remember sitting it on the back bumper of my car and forgetting about it.  Later that night, I knew I had left it and had little hope for recovery.  I had a busy Monday and went about my day but could tell it was missing from my routine.  When I got a moment of free time, I decided to try and see if I could find it on the road at the house I was parked at.  It had been raining non-stop and no one wants my dingy water bottle anyway.  I drove over and wasn't' surprised to find nothing.  I resigned to amazon a new (but not as good) one.  I got about 1/2 mile from the house I was at and there in front of me at the T in the road sat my water bottle upright on a culvert wall.  Someone had obviously placed it there just for me.  I jumped out and scooped it up like a long lost friend!  I guess you could say my Camel Bak bottle came Bak!?!

5.  I'm refinishing my kitchen table.  This project started out as a class to learn about chalk paint and the waxes to go with it.  It has turned into MUCH more!  I didn't even plan on taking this table with me when I left Nashville but now, it's going!  I've painted, glazed, waxed, sanded, stained and poly'd everything on it.  I still have to refinish the cushions.  It's been fun and I love the finished project but there's no doubt, I had no idea what i was getting myself into.  I think I'm better to stick with smaller, one day projects. 

6.  We had THIS for dinner this week!  It was amazing and the best part is I successfully replaced the noodles with spaghetti squash and my family didn't mind at all!  If you haven't tried spaghetti squash, now's the time.  It's in season and on sale and you might just like it better than pasta!


7.  As much as I love all things fall such as football, leaves changing, cooler temps and cute sweaters, I despise the first few times I have to squeeze into the torture we call skinny jeans.  All summer long I've been footloose and fancy free in my dresses and skirts plus the constant wear of my workout gear.  I haven't donned a piece of denim since May at the latest and now that the temps are dropping, it's required that I start breaking a sweat while trying to tell myself that they were always this tight and I just have to get used to them.  That's what I'm going with anyway.  Well, that and a few more trips to the gym in the next few weeks.

8.  95 days till Christmas.  Yep, that's right folks.  In my opinion, it is now legal to break our your Christmas CD's and start listening.  Who's going to argue with me that Jesus' birthday isn't worth celebrating for 3 months?

9.  Lincoln let me play "baby" with him tonight.  When I tell him he's my baby, he usually argues that he's a big boy.  Lately he's been pretending things and tonight, he laid in my lap and pretended to be a baby.  He made cute noises, pretended to cry and let me hold and carry him around.  Don't you think for a second that I didn't love every minute of it.  Can we say "baby fever?"

10.  Yesterday, Lincoln and I had a lunch date at Jeni's Ice Cream in East Nashville.  We then visited several antique stores nearby.  It took a little longer than I thought and we still had to go by Trader Joes before we headed home.  While walking out of Trader Joes, he said "Mom, I don't want to go to any more 'tique' stores."  He's a good shopper but he was ready to throw in the towel.  Also, while at Trader Joes, we were sharing a bag of almonds and I asked for one.  He said, "You say 'yes sir' and I'll give you one."  Really?  Now I have to address my son as 'sir' to get my own almonds?!

No comments:

Post a Comment