Just like clockwork, I have a whole new array of favorite things. We'll call these the fall collection. It's no secret I'm a conformist. I've already said, I like what everyone else likes. The fact is, in some ways, we all are. I'm also a terrible decision maker. I flip and flop and go back and forth on everything from major decisions (naming our children) to which tank to wear to the gym. I like to make informed decisions so knowledge is sometimes my friend and sometimes my enemy. See, I can't even decide. So, I was faced with what most call a "first world problem" lately in the decision between the iphone 5 and the Samsung Galaxy III. Lucky for me there are even youtube videos comparing the two. Yes, I'm that nerdy. Welll...drumroll please...
1. Yes, it's true. I am now the proud owner of a new iphone 5. I just got it this afternoon and it already tops my list. What does that tell you?
2. Kale. Since I kicked off this clean eating change, Kale has been in heavy rotation in our house. Much like wine or beer, I believe you have to acquire a taste for those dark leafy greens. We have developed a fondness for this one! I love the flavor. It's been baked into chips, sauteed, chopped for salad with lemon juice and put in omelets. Since trying kale and loving it, I have moved on to actually eating turnip greens too. I've never liked them but they are a staple in my family so it's about time I did. Lucky for me, my grandfather has enough growing to feed half of Nashville.
And everyone knows Amazon has great shipping!
4. My newest arm candy obsession are these adorably dainty bracelets from none other than Stella & Dot! They are called friendship ties and each one has a different name/meaning. I like them together and I like them all alone. And at just $19 these little jewels are perfect gifts for yourself or ya mama'n'em!
5. We'll call this the flavor of the month. It's come under some criticism but I have to admit, I love it. It's not an everyday flavor for me. Its still pretty sweet. It's more of a weekender. It doesn't help that this time of year my starbucks "drink of choice" is the salted caramel mocha (2 pump,nonfat, no whip) but I only afford that every few weeks. So this is my alternative and it suits me just fine. I'm also quite fond of the new coffee blend I'm using. If you're looking, the Trader Joes Organic breakfast blend is where it's at! And on special occasions, the Ethiopian blend is fantastic!
6. Several months back I noticed all Jason's female friends at school were wearing these on their wrists. I asked one what they were and found out they were hair ties. And they don't leave those harsh ponytail lines in your hair either! Well, I've been wearing them on my arms since high school but they weren't this cute. It was my mission to find some and being the deal seeker I am, I noticed a "groupon" type deal on them and jumped on it. Even mailed some to a friend! See how cute they are stacked with my other bracelets. Cute and functional, that's my style!
7. I like to refer to this as my new "lipstick cocktail". When you find the perfect shade of lipstick, it's only right to share it with your friends! It takes a few layers but I've convinced it's perfection!
All in one week, I read about, heard about and saw this lipstick on TV labeled as AWESOME. Later that same week, a girlfriend had some and I gave it the all day test when I wore it to a college football game. It made me a believer and the next week, I had to own some. This is YSL (Yves Saint Lauren) Lip Stain Gloss. My color of choice is 05 Vintage Rouge. This stuff lasts ALL DAY!
If you're looking for the perfect lipstick shade and who isn't? Try this little cocktail and let me know what you think!
9. We are really trying to eat healthy around our house but there are sometimes when an apple just doesn't cut it after dinner. Ok, there are MANY times an apple doesn't cut it so I came up with this alternative. I know, I know, it would be better to pop my own corn but this is just so easy and portion controlled. It's all about give and take. Lime+ Salt! Add some tequila and call this a margarita! No, really, who's up for margaritas?
10. My sister's been using this for years. I actually didn't like it when she started but I guess like other things, I've developed a love for it. I've been eyeing it for a while but this week is birthday week and it became my new fragrance! It's Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue. It's gotten several compliments this week too. Win!