Friday, July 11, 2014

Mommie's Meatballs


I'm pretty sure I've never had a "secret family recipe" before now.  Everything I've learned to cook has been pretty full disclosure.  My grandmother's Macky Soup was more watched than written but I've since written it down for my sister and I don't mind if it's shared.  The chicken stew recipe of my Granny's is written but it's also a group effort so it would never be secret.  
This, this is OUR secret!   Mommie's meatball recipe has been officially passed on from the Yavarone's to the deFoor family.  This was my first attempt but it was a smashing success!  Mommie is our Ms.Marie's mother.  Mrs. Yavarone is what I would have called her if I had ever had a chance to meet her.  She had the best meatballs and supposedly the best eggplant parmesan from New Jersey to Tennessee.  I'm hoping for that secret next!
Our eggs are even TEXAS proud!  

I used my good ol' trusty dutch oven to get the special sauce going while I mixed up the ingredients for the meatballs.


These delicious and moist meatballs ended up feeding us twice!   I easily froze half of them for a future meal.
 You are now looking at the richest most deliciously tomatoey sauce and delectably moist meatball you'll ever have the pleasure of eating.
We had ours on spaghetti squash.  It wasn't without a few groans around our carb loving table but after they tried the sauce, they forgot all about the noodles (or lack thereof).  So you want the recipe?
Not a chance!  You'll just have to be a guest at our table to get your mouth on one of these babies!  But trust me, if you find yourself seated in front of a plate of these, #1 you are special because I cooked them for you and #2 you are in for a treat!  


No comments:

Post a Comment