Tuesday, August 5, 2014

What's New Around here?

The answer to that question isn't blogs, that's for sure.  
What's life like with 3 kids?  The answer to that should be referred to in the reference of "when school is in" and "when school is out".  As if 3 children wouldn't already be a challenge, having them ALL home ALL the time has proven to be well...interesting.  I, like every good mother, am on the quest to make their summer the "BEST" and most memorable.  If they think back to summer and remember all the fun things we did, I feel it is a success.  So in order to try and prove my worth through the fun of my children, I scheduled tons of fun things, playdates, pool days, and camps for them to attend.  As the end of the summer approaches, I see that they were likely over entertained and now when I mention going to the pool, there is no gratitude involved in my actions.  
Seriously, you just CAN'T win in the game of parenthood!  

What IS new around here:

We got a minivan.  I flew to Alabama and while there, we purchased a minivan for me to drive.  I was a little sad to say goodbye to my Mountaineer.  It was the first car we purchased ourselves.  We payed it off, we put almost 200,000 on it.  We had 3 kids in that car.  But honestly the drive back to Texas would have been excruciating if it weren't for this thing.  I wasn't all in for the van at first but I'm not a car person and I didn't care what I drove.  My main concern was it having a CD player.  That's right, I love my cd's and I had not had one in years.  It's the little things.  
It has 2 automatic doors and holds up to 8 people.  Yeah, I think its a keeper.

This little beauty is what I got for "father's day".  It was what I wanted for mothers day but Jason found time to work on it on Fathers day.  I guess I win both days this year!  We bought the swing over a year ago when we moved here.  We had tried to think of somewhere to put it up and came up empty.  One of our marriage deals was that we'd always have somewhere to put up a swing.  When Jason and I got engaged, he bought me a swing and put it up at his house for me in Enterprise, AL.  We kept that swing until we left Nashville.  If I had a dime for every time I sat on that swing, I'd be significantly wealthier.  It was time to retire it.  It had seen better days so we bought a new one but didn't have anywhere to hang it.  Jason talked about building a stand.  I didn't doubt him but I specified I wanted to swing BIG.  I didn't want a short stand that wouldn't swing out.  He did just as I asked and he made a BIG one!  You can't tell how big it is in the photos, unless you see them standing beside it.  It's HUGE!  And perfect.  I love it!





This giant jenga set is what we made Jason for father's day.  We had Lowes cut the wood and we sanded each piece for a giant jenga game!  I used an online tutorial and it cost us about $15 for the wood.  It's been fun to play for the whole family!  


And last but certainly not least, This is new.  Jackson's haircut.  



He's been wanting a "buzz cut" for quite a while.  I was adamantly against it.  So, while I was sleeping, they obtained their barber's license.  It has since been revoked.  Forever.  I can't describe to you the shades of MAD I was when I woke up to the "I'm sorry" and "Mom, I hate it" from the two of them.  You know those guards, yeah, the ones that keep you from cutting too much off?  Those weren't on their radar.  Nope, they went all in, top first, no turning back.  They both learned the hard way...Mom's always right.  I know, I know it will grow back but the first few days were painful to look at.  And now we have to be diligent about not letting his head burn in the scorching Texas sun.  So, take it from me and don't try this at home!


No comments:

Post a Comment