Sunday, April 18, 2010

Happy Days!

It's true! After a week off, I've finally came up for air and am back to blogging! I've been putting off this blog and composing several others because I don't exactly know what to write about probably the happiest day of my life (ok, pretty close!)
I know most of you have seen the pictures and know the whole whining story about the delays and torture the previous week but last Saturday morning, we finally got the "confirmed" call that we had a non-stop plane full of daddies over the big volcano covered Atlantic Ocean. In probably one of the ONLY flights allowed over the big ocean at the time.

{Insert here for history's sake} A VOLCANO in ICELAND has closed airspace over most of Europe and kept it closed for nearly a week. This happened the day before our 5th change in flights was about to take off. It was the first thing I see the morning I know he's supposed to leave Kuwait after being re-routed from Kyrgyzstan.

So, lucky us, the COL for all of 82nd CAB was on Jason's flight and there was NO volcano in Iceland stopping this guy from getting home. On a VERY nice 777 jet, he flew in at 5:15pm.
I spent the day making last minute preparations and doing things I had been holding off a week on doing. I made some great signs and hung them, ordered take out and double checked the liquor stock for Jason. Thanks to Mari, I had the morning off from talky-talk and Lincoln took a great nap so I could get ready.

We made our way to green ramp about 4pm. Jackson had a good time with his friends awaiting the arrival of their daddy's too. The plane landed and they marched in about 5:45. Not 15 minutes later, we were standing on top of a bench with our signs waiting for daddy to find us.
Jackson ran and got the first hug but the first kiss was ALL MINE!
Lincoln fell in LOVE with the guy the minute he saw him. He wanted him to hold him and check out his cool hat. We were all amazed at how much Lincoln liked his Daddy on their second ever meeting.
(Thanks, Kathie, for making our photos!)

After our 15 minutes of allotted family time, he went to finish his army duties and we left to pick up Hooters and Sushi! (nothing but the finest for my hero!)
Jason drove himself home and got there about 8pm.

Since then, we've been to wal-mart a few times, cleaned the yard, eaten out more times than I can count ( I CAN cook, you know!), taken naps almost daily and watched 3 movies. (2 were so terrible, I am ashamed Jason picked them!)

You're welcome for getting the "Happy Days" theme song stuck in your head but it was appropriate for this week....Sunday, Monday, Happy Days!!!


  1. Even though I already saw all the pictures on FB, seeing them again still brought back all the happiness I felt for your family the first time around. Welcome home, Jason!

  2. Love your song choices, Jamie! The song "Home" is one of my favorites/most hated because it brings back all those memories of Bret being gone. Whew, what an emotional roller coaster all of us girls have been on in the last few years!

  3. Was it just two weeks ago that we were all D-O-N-E and ready to throw our hands up and go home to our mamas??? :)

    This feels great!!!

    Love all your pics!

  4. That Bricker Boy has got some pull ;) So VERY happy for y'all!

  5. Great pics! Glad you guys are all together again! Finally!