Monday, October 31, 2011

Perfect Pumpkin Field Trip


Jackson's kindergarten class went to the pumpkin patch for their first field trip. I was trulyrelieved that he wanted me to go with him. I always went with him in preschool. I can't handle the rejection of not being wanted. Ok, I can't handle rejection at all.
It was a very uneventful trip. We did the hayride around the farm, tour of the farm equipment, play on the "educational" areas kind of day. Best of all, we were done by noon and headed back to school. Short and sweet, these teachers knew what they were doing! Of course all the kids had tons of fun and thought it was the greatest farm ever. The highlight of the day was feeding the cows pumpkins. I never knew they ate pumpkins but I guess they do and they like them.
I feel so lucky to be able to go along on Jackson's field trips with him. I can see how much it means to him. I can remember how much it meant to me to have someone go along. I hope I can be there until that sad day comes when he doesn't want me there anymore. Quick, someone tell me that day will never come.





No comments:

Post a Comment