Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful by the week- 1

We all no I'm no everyday blogger.

Sometimes, I'm more of a once a month blogger. Or at least I stay about a month behind on blogs I write in my head and rarely every compose on the computer. I only wish you could read the great post I publish in my own little mind. They are fantastic. That's what the voices tell me anyway.

So, while I want to participate in this thankfulness that's going around on blogger and facebook, I can't commit to actually writing it down once a day. Sure, I can think it in my little head but it's kinda hard for you to see it there. I'm committing to once a week. I think I can handle that.

I'm going to go ahead and preface by saying I am eternally grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and his unconditional love and forgiveness. Lord knows, I need it. I am also thankful for my children and my husband and all the things they add to my life. I'm also thankful for my family because, well, they rock! But I'm going to be focusing on the little things. The things I may take for granted other weeks of the year. The things I don't say I'm thankful for in my nightly prayers, although maybe I should.

1-I'm thankful it's November! It's kind of a big deal. It's FALL. It's cooler! It's my birthday(I'll be 29! cheers!) And of course, it's Thanksgiving. Most importantly to me it's the begining of 55 days straight of CHRISTMAS MUSIC! No one can give me grief for "already" listening to Christmas music because, Nov. 1st is officially the season! Christmas music is sung by almost every artist across the music charts. So you have all your favorite pop and country artists singing songs celebrating Jesus' birth. Hello, Mariah Carey and Justin Bieber! One word: WINNING!

2-I'm thankful to be living in Nashville. I love it here. I might have mentioned that before. I'm minutes from EVERYTHING.( Trader Joe's, Target Nordstroms, you get the point!) What's not to love. The weather is fantastic. The traffic is manageable and it's VERY clean overall. I love the pop country scene, the cute Franklin area, the hangout's in the Gulch and 12th Ave. S. It is still the deep south and I feel like I fit in PERFECTLY! (subliminal message to husband: PLEASE find a job here after MBA school!)

3-I'm thankful for views like THIS when I finish a 4 mile run in the mornings.

4-I'm thankful for the Edwin McKay used bookstore here in Nashville. It facilitated expanded options regarding my listening pleasure at a fraction of the cost I was prepared to pay! See day 1.

5-I'm thankful for the Bellevue MOMS club. It has given me friendships here that will last a lifetime. It immersed me into life and FUN when we moved here and it's always great to know there is someone else going through the same daily trials as you are.

6-I'm thankful for my church here in Nashville. It's helped us get involved. It's built lasting relationships and given me a desire to serve God like never before. Jason has always talked about missions and felt a pull to get more involved and after moving here, I finally got it. I feel it. Everyday, I feel it. I wish I could be doing more. I feel like it will never be enough. I have to remind myself daily that with God, it is always ENOUGH.

7-I'm thankful for my mom's wicked photography skills. She makes all my family portraits and ensures I have fantastic Christmas cards to send out. Not only does she tame wild cats my kids and husband and bribe them into posing for photographs but she also has my cards printed BEFORE THANKSGIVING and that makes this ultra planner girl very happy!

Now to start addressing those cards. Be on the lookout, they mail out Dec. 1st!


No comments:

Post a Comment