Sunday, April 8, 2012

That's what it's all about!

Not a word was heard at the tomb that day.
Just shuffling of soldiers feet as they guarded the grave.
One day, two days, three days had past.
Could it be that Jesus breathed his last?

Could it be that his Father had forsaken him?
Turned his back on his son, dispising our sin.
Oh hell seemed to whisper, "Just forget it, He's dead."
Then the Father looked down to his son and he said..

Arise, My love.
Arise, My love.
The grave no longer has a hold on you
No more death sting
No more suffering
Arise...Arise...my love.
source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/n/newsonglyrics/arisemylovelyrics.html

Tomorrow is Easter.  It's always been a big deal in my family and it's never been about the eggs and the candy. Although I'm sure as a child, I made that a pretty big deal.  I'm happy to have grown up in a Christian home.  I've been going to church my whole life, not just on Easter.  But Easter was special.  We dressed up, we made photos and we always heard the Easter story.  I've always "got it" but as many a mother will tell you, it wasn't until I had my own children that I really GOT IT.  The sacrifice God made for us is placed on a whole new level when we have a child of our own to love and just try to imagine what he went through... for us.  Big, fat disappointing sinners like US.  I know that I am unworthy, yet he loves me still.  Easter gives us HOPE.  A hope that I've needed lately.  Just one tragedy after another keep reminding me that this life is short and FULL of trouble.  Thank you Lord for your Hope.  One day, all these things shall pass and the One that rose again will meet us in the air.  Oh what a joyous reunion that will be!

This week, the boys and I planted a resurrection garden.  It was the cutest idea but it was full of meaning.  At least for Jackson.  He fully understood what each part of the garden was.  He even told me about the robbers on the crosses on each side of Jesus.
I'm so excited to celebrate the Risen Savior tomorrow.  It's a Hope that I cling to and a reminder that I need to reflect on more often.





Crucified
Laid behind a stone
You lived to die
Rejected and alone
Like a rose
Trampled on the ground
You took the fall
And thought of me
Above all


Folks, THAT is what it's all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment