Wednesday, May 15, 2013

He DID it!

It was a leap of faith. A journey into the unknown.  Our last 10 years had been anything but stable and predictable so this shouldn't have been a big change, but it was.  We left the comfort of the Army for a civilian life and I'll be the first to shout it from the rooftops, we've never looked back!  I was hesitant to enter into a private University.  For the first few months, I couldn't understand why this institution was so far superior to so many other programs including distance ones where we could still have an INCOME!  Trudging through the first semester was a bit like deployment.  I didn't see him all day and when he came home at night, he had to study until far after I went to bed.  It wasn't until he was meeting with the companies you hear about in the magazines, until companies you dream of were emailing HIM to eat dinner with them, did I realize why we were doing what we were doing.  It all came together in an a-ha! moment for me and I realized that this place that we'd both become pretty fond of was totally worth it!  Not only has it provided us with great friends who are like family to us but it also connected us with networks of the greatest companies right at our fingertips!  I thought so many times that I would be an outsider because I wasn't the student and I was just the stay at home mom of 2 boys but we are a team and they understood and recognized that.  Vanderbilt is the bonds that tie us together in business and in life.  I'm so incredibly proud of this guy for completing his MBA from this highly accredited program with a pretty impressive GPA I might add!












These two are the only Masters holders in our families!  My mom was so proud of him and sent him a weekly text message cheering him on!

No comments:

Post a Comment