Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'll love you forever

"I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
as long as I'm living
my baby you'll be."


This is the title of one of our favorite books. It goes through the life of a little boy through manhood and how in each stage of his life his mom goes into his room and picks him up and rocks him back and forth signing the verse above.
Tonight, my great big nearly 4 year old boy got up 30 minutes after bedtime and asked me if I would rock him to sleep. You know what I did? I picked up that great big boy and rocked him back and forth.
So many nights recently, bedtime couldn't come fast enough. I feel like I've gone 3 miles past a marathon and I just want some time to myself. My day starts at 6am and spans 14 hours until 8pm. Then I'm not officially "off". I just get a 6 hour break. Despite all the bad days and hardships, It's the little moments like this one that still make this the greatest job I will ever have.

2 comments:

  1. That book always makes me cry. And I love those moments when they give us the chance to be the moms we want to be. Glad Jackson gave that to you. You're a great mom, even when you're tired and cranky, because you LOVE them. I feel you, I really do. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes it all worth it!! I miss the rocking to sleep with James!! They grow SO fast!! You are doing awesome Jamie!!

    ReplyDelete