Monday, May 31, 2010

God Bless The USA






Today, I am thankful for all the servicemen and women, past and present that have served to make this our great country. I am humbled to be surrounded daily with present day heroes. They live in my neighborhood, next door and in my own house. I am thankful for Jason's 3 safe returns from foreign wars and extremely thankful for the comrades that kept him safe. These men and women will have my everlasting respect. I feel lucky to have lived this life to show me how truly thankful I should be. Some people in this "Army Family" of ours will celebrate the memory of a loved one today who paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE

The photo above is very special to me. It is a flight to remember fallen comrade CPT Kimberly Hampton during Jason's 1st deployment to Iraq. He is flying the aircraft that falls off to the right to commemorate the loss in the unit. It is called the missing man formation.




























No comments:

Post a Comment