Tuesday, August 3, 2010

10 on Tuesday

1. How do you take your coffee on an average day? How do you like your coffee if you’re splurging?
Most mornings, I have my choice of about 3-4 different half open bottles of creamer in my fridge. I used to use both creamer and sugar, then I realized if I used enough creamer, who needs extra sugar! On the day's I'm lucky enough to enjoy Starbucks, I usually maintain semi-self control by ordering the skinny caramel macchiato light. I know, it's not really splurging but I'm sure I consume the calories elsewhere.

2. What is your genre of books to read?
Oh, I wish I had time to read more books! Blogs, now that's where my reading comes in! I never would have thought I'd be a "vampire book" kinda girl but I totally fell into the Twilight craze and I'm proud of it. 4 books in about 4 weeks is probably a record for me. Usually I'm a Nicholas Sparks kind of girl. I've read ALL his books, usually end up crying like a baby at the end and Jason makes fun of me asking why I even read them knowing what the outcome is going to be. I love them anyway.

3. Where do you want to retire, if you could go anywhere?
This may be an odd answer but I would like to retire somewhere in North Florida. Not necessarily ON the beach (i'm afraid of hurricanes), but near enough to drive there when I want to. Somewhere in a city big enough to have more than one grocery store and a target. And somewhere with other people just like us so we have lots of friends to hang out with. Oh, and I need a pool to keep the grandchildren coming back!

4. The 17-year-old you is told to write a 10-minute speech. What topic would you have picked?
My speech would have pertained to "How to effectively get away from your parents" or "When I'm in college I'll..." oh, and how could I forget, " I will NEVER EVER be like my mother". FYI, I'm turning into my mother daily and I can't seem to get enough of being with them. Karma

5. What word describes you best?
Fabulous? (I'd like to think so anyway) or I'd also be willing to go with Fergie's "glamorous" Ha!

6. What is the next “event” that you are looking forward to? (ex.: vacation, moving, date, job change, etc)
Ah! This very weekend, we're taking the kids to Myrtle Beach to one of the "water park" hotels for the weekend and then on Sunday we come back just in time to go to the Sheryl Crow/Colbie Callit concert in Raleigh! Talk about a fun weekend.

7. Do you like to discuss controversial topics or do you prefer to avoid those types of conversations?
Hmm, I would like to say I'm less controversial and try to avoid those topics. But if I'm among those who all agree on the controversial topic then I'm all in!

8. Would you rather add 4 free hours to each day, or add 1 extra day to the week?
I don't think I could handle 4 more hours of most days. Although sometimes I feel like I need it, I'd still prefer to add a whole day to the week. The weekEND specifically. Just think...Sunday church, Monday SLEEP!

9. If you created a sports team; what would your colors and mascot be?
Seriously, this is perfect. We'd be the diamonds! What's stronger than a diamond? What can cut a diamond? What could be tougher than the diamonds? Oh, and the colors would be pearl and platinum, of course!

10. If you had to be a teacher, what subject would you teach?
I'm always considering a teaching degree. I don't see myself going back to hospital shift work and I think I could be a great teacher. I'd like to teach computer (as long as I could learn more myself) or I'd be like my mom, ya know the one I wanted to get away from and never wanted to be like, and I'd teach Science. I'd probably prefer highschoolers, that way I could also try to keep up with all the "coolest" trends!

No comments:

Post a Comment