Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ten on Tuesday (or Thursday?)

Just to be clear, all my questions are coming from here. Ten on Tuesday

1. Think back a decade, do you remember what your first cellphone was?
Was it as cool as Zack Morris’s phone?
Ha, ha! My first cell phone was an "emergency only" phone. It was pretty cool. It was WOOD GRAIN. For real, though.


2. What is the first children’s book you remember being read to you?
Hmm, my mom must have read A LOT to us or at least for a long time. I have every Little Golden Book she ever read us and I remember them all, fairly vividly. I even remember her dialect when she read them. One of my favorites is "There's a Monster at the End of This Book!" starring furry loveable Grover.



3. What was your first car? Did you love it or hate it?
Well, I was an unfortunate one at age 16. I had a couple of accidents and by a couple, I mean like 10! Seriously. I had a 1998 (brand new at the time) Ford Taurus (ugh, family car) at first, then I had to drive dad's new F-150 stick shift (which I wasn't very good at), then there was a white nissan maxima, a black thunderbird and eventually a red thunderbird that was willed to me when I got married. I left out the Oldsmoblie 88 (Huge granny car) that daddy made me drive in between the accidents.)

4. Who was your hero growing up?
The first one I can remember, I was a little older. I was like in middle school and it was the cast of 90210. I wanted to BE those glamorous girls. I kinda still do!

5. Think back to your first kiss. Was it everything you dreamed of?
Um, no. It was everything teenager filled, drama. It was silly and WAY too built up. It was in a recreation center basement/gymnasium at a boy/girl birthday party.

6. What was your first BAD hairstyle choice? (Extra points for embarrassing photos)
When I was little, my mom kept us in a bowl cut. I hated it and it matched my sisters bowl cut. I always wanted longer hair. So when I was old enough to decide myself, I let it grow out and haven't had it short since.

7. What was your first realistic dream? (One where you had to think “Oh dang, was that a dream?”)
Ok, I vividly remember a dream from like age 7-8 continuing until around 14. I dreamed I was playing with a friend in a strange house that was about 4 stories high. It had one of those black iron spiral staircases. It was a BIG house. We were playing with bristle blocks (I had them as a kid) I never remembered if my mom was there. I think she was but the house was so big, I couldn't find her.
The dream was so real, I would wake up and wonder if we'd been to that house sometime before. I think I still wonder.

8. What was the first phobia you remember developing?
Spiders, always spiders. I have always been afraid of them. There were brown ones at our old house outside. The wood spiders, I think. I hated them, I still do. I'm definitely arachnophobic.

9. Which character on Sesame Street do you most identify with?
On the new and improved Sesame Street, I'd have to say Zoe. She's the primadonna ballerina with the cool clothes/costume. I always wanted to be a ballerina too, they get to wear cool tutu's and what girl doesn't like tutu's?

10. What was the hardest goal you ever accomplished?
This is a loaded questions. Learning to LOVE running is one of my best goals. I never thought I'd love it, and some days, I still don't (thanks, humidity!) but for the most part, I love to run. I began running because I needed to loose the "jackson" weight. It also helped tremendously with the "lincoln" weight but I also learned that I loved the sense of accomplishment that comes with improvement. I also like the rhythmic pattern of your feet hitting the pavement. It's my solace.
Becoming a mother wasn't HARD. Loving the job wasn't hard either. Identifying myself as a Stay at Home Mom and being comfortable with that took some work. I had a college education. I had a decent job. But when Jackson came along, we couldn't see a future of him growing up in daycare. It wasn't a decision we made one night. We just "knew". So now, I'm a highly educated stay at home mom who does anything but stay at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment