Monday, August 30, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. What was/is your favorite live action (meaning not animated) kids movie?
Well, I always liked the Parent Trap, yes, the one with Lindsey Lohan.
I also like all the talking animal movies, Milo and Otis, Dr. Doolittle and Homeward bound.

2. What is a bad habit you have? Are you working on breaking it?
Facebooking would be at the top of that list. I have considered going a day of the week without it. That hasn't happened yet. Also, keeping my car trashed is a bad habit of mine. I try to corral the trash but when you spend as much time in there as I do, it tough. AND I have messy messy kids to transport.

3. Describe your father in 3 words.
Christian, Humble, Trustworthy

4. Which character in the Breakfast Club were you most like in the ’80s?
Don’t kill me… I’ve never seen The Breakfast Club. I KNOW I KNOW. I need to.

5. Name 5 songs you know ALL the lyrics to.
Ghostbusters, The Adams Family, Thriller, Nightmare on my Street, Werewolves of London, and Purple People Eater.
Do you see a theme there? Yes, my child is obsessed with Halloween. Year round. I also know a vast array of childrens rhymes and bible songs. I've known them my whole life and I'm still singing along.

6. Do you make pancakes from scratch or a box mix?
My first preference would be to get in the car and drive straight to Cracker Barrel for them. They make them the BEST, I don't know how they do it. But I may be attempting it this weekend with these yummy organic blueberries I picked today. When I do, it will be straight from the box.

7. What was your worst job ever? Why?
When I first moved to NC, the only job I could find in my field was working 2nd shift. I HATED second shift. I liked my job and what I did but I hated those hours. It was hard to eat decent meals, workout or get anything done. I hated getting home that late. Jason was deployed most of that time and I hated being at home alone. I knew that had to change when he returned so I found a 1st shift job by the time that deployment was over.

8. What was your favorite class in high school?
I liked biology, I liked chemistry, I just DIDN'T like physics. I'm a science kind of girl but that physics and I didn't agree. I like all the "exceptions" that most people hate about chemistry.

9. Favorite summer guilty pleasure?
Is this WITH kids or without? Because there is a vast difference. With the kids, it's all the quintessential things you do at the beach, ice cream, goofy golf, expensive souvenirs and late night pizza.
Without the kids, it's staying up late drinking something girly, fruity and frozen and dancing on a bar deck over the ocean with my husband.

10. Please share your best money saving tip!
Well, as of late, I've been doing some major coupon shopping at the drugstore chains to "stockpile" items that we always use. The main thing with coupon shopping is NOT buying things you don't need/won't use just becaue you have a coupon for it. It also helps to know your rock bottom price on items and to know the sale cycles so that you don't have to buy it unless it's on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment